TLDR: Thinking of going on a group trip? Well, I am here to help you with a quick checklist to get through the important necessary information.
- First, When & where are you going?
- Then, Look into transportation + accommodation + activities
- Don’t forget… Payment
- Finally, Anticipate the trip!
To avoid confusion, communicate with your group throughout this whole process.
For details, read below.
Previously, in Traveling With Friends I discussed a few pointers that I have learned when it came to traveling with others. Planning a group trip can be stressful, but I have narrowed it down to a few crucial steps.
Please discuss the details with your group to all be in agreement.
- Set the trip date
- Pick destination(s)
- Who’s going?
- What’s the budget?
- Find flights or other modes of transportation (bus, car rental, trains etc.) to get to the destination
- Find activities, tours, excursions etc.
- This will help make sure the destination will provide the vibes you want to experience
- Finalize payments
Everyone can purchase their own flight and split accommodation or any activity cost via Splitwise
At this point Flights + Accommodations should be booked
- Share contact information within the group (Tel. #s / social media whichever works for you)
- Share any updates and new ideas/experiences with your group members
Now anticipate the trip!