TLDR: It is the season of love and for many of us we go out of way to make someone in our life feel special. Yes, you can fulfill this where you are, but if you want to change it up I am going to share with you a few romantic destinations. Before I do, I want to make clear that these places can be perfect for anyone on Valentine’s Day or any other day.
- Lake Chelan + Stehekin, Washington
- Perfect for those who want to get in tune with nature.
- Carmel-By-The-Sea, California
- Tired of the city, just want to see oceanic views?
- San Diego, California
- Not sure what you want to do, but you want options.
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Just want to relax and have everything right at your disposal.
For more, read below:
Valentine’s Day is almost here and it can be a time we look forward to, to connect with our loved ones. Although Valentine’s Day may bring out the love and romance out of us, unfortunately it is only once a year. Recently, I was inspired by a similar post that discussed romantic destinations in the United States where you can still experience the same loving feeling any time of year. Here are the few places I had in mind.
Disclaimer: Anyone can go these places and enjoy the activities I will be sharing below.
Lake Chelan + Stehekin, Washington
Vibe: In tune with Nature
This was a beautiful destination to visit because there is so much to do at your own pace. To start off, the massive deep blue lake is so impressive, it’s surprisingly relaxing even though it is cold. For those who love to go swimming, jet skiing, fishing, hiking and more give this place a shot (especially on the hot summer days). To top off the romantics there are beautiful vineyards such as Tsillan Cellars, for a perfect early lunch spot or wine tasting. If you have the time give Lady of the Lake a chance to visit Stehekin. It is may be a long 2 hour boat ride, but once you arrive there is no distractions it’s just you, your special person and nature. While you are there visit their local shops and maybe spend the night in a cute cabin looking out at the lake such as Silver Bay Inn Resort or Stehekin Cedar Cabin.
What I would recommend:
- At Stehekin rent bikes from Discovery Bikes (Cash only at the moment).
- Check out Apple Inn Motel it was so accommodating with a pool + jacuzzi, barbecue grill and a cabin style room unlike the outdoor appearance of the motel.
- Go camping! I stayed at Twenty-Five Mile Creek State Park, please keep in mind there is no signal until you drive about 15 away from there. Now, Lake Chelan State Park also provides campsites, but it was crowded.
Vibe: Ocean Views
Are you looking for a change in scenery? Then this is it. Start off your day by driving through the 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach, it may cost $10.50 per vehicle, but it’s worth it. Perfect for those couples who love views of the ocean, minimal amounts of people so little to no interruptions, golf and coastal cliffs. Afterwards, head into the town onto Ocean Avenue and its surrounding areas, less than a 10 minute drive. Here you may find that it is pretty fancy, with many boutiques and restaurants. You may end your day having a delicious meal or going down to the beach.
What I would Recommend:
- Plan to arrive before sunset and maybe have a picnic on the white sand beach on your 17 mile drive
- Visit this location can be a day trip from San Francisco, also stopping at Santa Cruz
- Look out for local inexpensive fresh fruits and vegetable on the highway
- There is a beach in the town (Carmel Beach down the street of Ocean avenue) if you prefer to grab a meal and set something up yourself
San Diego, California
California has several amazing cities, but in my opinion San Diego takes the cake. There is a long list of things to do here from beaches to city life. Perfect for those couples who don’t know what to exactly, but open to options. Great for night walks, dining out, beach days and more. Don’t forget to check out La Jolla to see some seals chilling on the shore and the amazing Balboa Park for a pleasant walk in the park.
What I would recommend:
- Night walks in Gaslamp Quarter and grab drinks at the several bars
- If you love tacos Puesto is a must, go on Tuesdays due to benefit from their deals
- Rent electric bikes at La Jolla and even in Balboa Park a great way to get around
- Don’t forget the Japanese Garden at Balboa Park, beautifully designed
Vibe: Country + Resort
Have you ever heard of the Gaylord Opryland Resort? If you haven’t, add it to your travel bucket list. It is a big indoor resort filled with greenery from vines to trees, beautiful flowers, bridges, indoor river and water fountains that will blow your mind away. If you want to feel like you are in your own little world with a special someone defintely go here. There is a spa, pool, jacuzzi, and many restaurants. Now, you may leave the resort to visit the downtown, Arts District in which you can check out their many museums, try popular BBQ meats, even see local shops offering many cowboy/cowgirl boots and hats on Broadway. Embrace the southern experience!
What I would recommend?
- Visit the resort at the low seasons to take advantage of the space. (Pools and jacuzzi are outdoors)
- Do you like art? Roman architecture? Spend some time at The Parthenon at Centennial Park
- Make reservations ahead of time at the resort to ensure you get the services you want
- Some museums include: National Museum of African American Music, Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Tennessee Sports Hall Of Fame
You made it to the end of my list, hope you were intrigued by some of the cities. Everyone approaches romance differently, if you have any cities that could have made it on the list feel free to comment below. Of course, with time I will add onto the list. Now if you want to experience something new and different then give these places a look not only for Valentine’s Day, but any time in the year.