TLDR: Highway 101 is a popular road in the west coast. It is often recommended for road trips, but I am here to share not only the good, but also the bad.
For details, read below.
Thinking of going on HWY 101? I highly recommend it. I have a love and hate relationship with this highway and here’s why:
I love it because…
- It’s filled with beautiful scenery and viewpoints
What a beauty! Did you know that the Pacific Ocean is the biggest body of water on the planet? However, it hasn’t be studied as much as the moon.
- You drive through small cute towns
Eureka, CA Bandon, OR
- It’s a relaxing drive for the majority of the way
I hate it because….
Theses roads …
Curvy, whiny and narrow
- There aren’t barriers on the side of the road all the time (yep, I was very anxious)
- Very limited stops if you miss the towns
- Little to no access to restrooms
Read my previous post On The Road Don’t Forget To for more road trip advice.